Why do wedding photographers cost "so much" money?
If you are one of those people who cannot understand why most professional wedding photographers charge "so much" money (often a lot more than I do, as many do it full-time and have to cover even more costs), I would now like to give you the background explain:
What you think what you pay for:
• someone who takes photos
What you really pay for:
• someone who takes photos, plus:
• Technology and equipment (mostly several cameras, various flashes, batteries, lenses and and and ...)
• Hours of preparation (preliminary talks, preparation of offers, personal meetings)
• Further training
• Image processing, selection and development (this takes at least as long as the actual report or the shoot)
• Ride costs
• Marketing and Promotion
• Duties and taxes
• Working hours in the office
• other costs (postage, packaging, etc.)
I hope you can now better understand what work and what costs are actually behind a wedding report.
Personally, I can add that I will be at your side as a contact person during the entire wedding and also in the preparation. I often plan the processes of a wedding together with the bride and groom (since I can usually better assess how long the individual points of a wedding can last) and give helpful tips and hints that you may not have had on your screen before ...